Biopesticides: Biotecnology and Chemistry of Natural Products Group
The research group is focused on the optimization and biotechnological production of botanical and fungal biopesticides. We address the optimization of biopesticides by means of green chemistry processes on characterized extracts of plant and fungal origin already in production (artificial / biotech culture, field cultivation, fermentation) and agricultural waste and / or lead compounds.
The scientific objetives are focused on the following topics:
- Preparation and characterization of botanical and fungal biopesticides
- Database and extract library: selective bioprospecting of plant and fungal endophytes. Screening their microextract activity against insect pests, nematodes and fungal pathogens. Metabolomic profiles. Identification of the active components and quantification of their activity.
- Optimization (chemical and biotechnological processes) of biopesticides: fungal biotransformations, biomimetic transformations and / or supercritical extraction.
- Biotechnological production: artificial-biotech crops (aeroponic, in vitro) of pre-selected plant species based on their bioactivity. Fermentation of endophytes producing active metabolites.
- Technology transfer: Plant Variety Registration and deposit of selected fungal strains. Patents (extracts / bioactive products, chemical processing and / or biotech formulations) in collaboration with other entities. Transfer of results through patent licensing options and / or trade secret.
- Group Leader
GONZÁLEZ COLOMA, ANA AZUCENA
ANDRÉS YEVES, M. FE
ROJAS LOPEZ-MENCHERO, JORGE
MARTÍN CASTILLO, LUCÍA
TAPIA GARCÍA, DANIEL
PEÑA GARCÍA, FELIPE CARLOS DE LA
MORENO TORRES, ENRIQUE
MUÑOZ MOLINA, RUBÉN
GARCÍA RODRIGUEZ, JAVIER
OBRERO GARCÍA, VICTORIA